Brian McLaren calls himself “post-Protestant” and others have talked about our society as “post-Christian.” I identify as “post-postmodern” and “post-emerging.” There was a time of several years that, while terribly discouraged with the state of the evangelical church as I understood it, I was definitely in the emergent camp. My book shelves are still replete with the ruins of that time: books by McLaren, Marcus Borg, Rob Bell, Dan Kimball, Shane Claiborne. They testify to a time when I was searching.
Tag Archives: Marcus Borg
1 Comment | tags: Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church, Book Review, Brian McLaren, Christianity, DA Carson, Dan Kimball, Emerging Church, Marcus Borg, Postmodern, Rob Bell | posted in Book Review, Christianity, Future Church
SEE ALSO: Rob Bell: Resurrection Revisited
It may be too much to ask to agree on the significance of this day. Among believers in Jesus Christ this is a day to be celebrated, because it was on this day so many years ago that Christ conquered death and became the first fruits of the resurrection. Yet, there are those who do not agree that this day is a day to commemorate the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Rob Bell may actually be a skeptic of sorts. Having written much about, not the man, but his theology, I have been cautious and concerned about what he teaches and holds as basic belief. In one particular case I asked this question specifically: “Do you believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.” While I got no response to this question, which is so basic and easy if the response were to be in the affirmative, Mr. Bell posts this new video for the holiday:
- achondroplasia Addiction Atheism Authenticity Barna Group Bible Book Review Brian McLaren Calvinism Charles Haddon Spurgeon Chopped Bible Salad Christ Christianity Comedy Community Conversation Creation Creation Museum CS Lewis Culture Dan Kimball Democrats Doug Pagitt Emergent Church Emerging Church Erwin McManus Evangelism Evolution Faith Francis Chan Free Will Genesis Genuine Relationships God God's Will Godwitter Gospel Granger Community Church Hebrews Heresy Holiness Homosexuality Jesus Joel Osteen John Piper Leonard Sweet Listening Love Wins Mark Driscoll Marriage Martin Luther Michael Horton Ministry Moralism Prayer Predestination Prosperity Gospel RC Sproul Relationship Relevance resurrection Richard Dawkins Rick Warren Rob Bell Sanctification Science Technology The God Delusion Theology Tim Stevens tracheostomy Tullian Tchividjian Twitter UnChristian White Horse Inn
- Persecuted, Jailed, Passionate…That’s my kind of Santa Claus December 6, 2014 John Downey
- What Batman Taught Me about Jesus (sort of) August 7, 2014 John Downey
- Silence, Absence, Changes and More July 31, 2014 John Downey
- The Ship is Sinking June 12, 2014 John Downey