It has been more than 6 months since I became an incognito Christian and joined a group of more than 300 atheists as they toured the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky on August 8, 2009.
The response to my reflections have been overwhelming. To date there have been more than 14,000 hits on “Scarlet ‘A’ for a Day” alone. The experience has generated much open dialogue and has challenged me in more ways that I can express.
In case you missed them, here is a comprehensive list of my posts about the experience:
- What Do You Get When You Cross 300 Atheists and the Creation Museum? – A brief introduction to the event with a list of other accounts of the trip and a link to national news coverage.
- Scarlet ‘A’ for a Day – My own reflections on being at the museum, how visitors responded to us, and brief encounters we had there.
- A Skeptic’s Creation Museum Video Tour – A video chronicle of conversations that some of the atheists/agnostics had during the day.
- And This Atheist Was a Walking Christian Tract – Encounter with a skeptic who wore a t-shirt that visitors found offensive, but not for the reasons you may expect.
- Atheism at the Creation Museum – How museum curators mistake moralism for Christianity.
Another trip to the museum is planned for the end of the month. This time it will be a group of friends and I will be going as a Christian with good critical-thinking skills. We shall see if anything of interest comes from that perspective.