Thanks to Gramie and Granpop, Hidi and I got to step out with some friends for a few hours. Thank you again to people who continue to show up with meals that help to take off so much stress.
Other than Tinsley’s treatments every 4 hours it has been a rather quiet week, that is until this morning. Tinsley had some labored breathing over the past few days that were rather episodic, but today it was stronger and more difficult to shake. Our home healthcare nurse suggested we take him to get evaluated at the hospital. They quickly did an xray and found that he has pneumonia. He was admitted to the PICU for stabilization. Expecting to stay for 3 to 10 days depending on how well he responds to medication.
Good news is that he has been smiling at the hospital after being fussy and in distress for a few hours this morning. And he gained weight: he now weighs more than 4 kilos!
Here is what you may have missed on my Twitter feed this week:
- We’d probably sin less if we spent less time thinking about our sins […] and more time meditating on the love […] of God. -Kevin DeYoung
- The purpose of prayer is to glorify God.
- Turning the other cheek often leaves you with two broken jaws. Jesus is still King, and still right. (via @DrMoore)
- Stephen Hawking is really the guy to decide if God created the universe? http://j.mp/mQfzm6
- Here’s a good example of why you should not take one verse alone from it’s context. http://bible.us/Prov6.4.ESV
- If you can change “Jesus” to “baby” in your worship music and it still make sense, you are NOT singing Christ-exalting lyrics.
- “Jesus is not only the guide; he is the destination.” – Michael Horton (via @MattCapps)
Get regular updates by following @lunchboxsw on Twitter.
Feel free to leave a comment on this post, send me a note, or send me a reply on Twitter.